Thursday, November 22, 2012

turkey day

This week has been rather normal, which is my new favorite. When I can go any period of time without thinking about my annoying tenant, I am grateful. I meet with the plastic surgeon next Wednesday. My oncologist says that he has done 9 out of 10 boobs in this town. I guess that's a good thing. I am very interested to hear all the details of breast reconstruction. I hear there is an option where they use belly fat and muscles to rebuild. Can I get an AMEN?? How about inner thigh fat?

Seriously, though. I have had all week to process this whole thing, and although I have my moments of complete anxiety, I think I am ok. I know I am going to be ok, and this is why...

Last week I started a new job. I love the new place and the employees there have been very sensitive and understanding about my new diagnosis. The downside is that I have only been at the job for a week, so I have not had anytime to build up short term disability. Although I am insured, I will be facing at least 6 weeks out of work to recover from my operation. This has been a great source of anxiety for all of us. Six weeks unpaid would cripple any family in this economy. A friend of mine sent me a text on Monday that said she was praying about the job, insurance situation, "miraculous provision", she called it. On Tuesday, I was given a chance to return to the position that I have recently left, with my benefits intact, including almost exactly 6 weeks of short term disability. As sad as I am to leave my new workplace, I cannot deny God's presence.

In case you were wondering, my God is still in the miracle business. 

With this new development, I can concentrate on my kids and Christian, and being grateful. Please continue to pray for us as we meet with the surgeon, and make the final decisions. I hope each of you enjoy your family today. Today, I am thanking God for this week's miracle.

 

1 comment:

  1. Praying!!! YES, God does still perform miracles daily! Focus on each one that He performs for you. Thank Him in advance. Love you!

    ReplyDelete