Friday, November 16, 2012

It's funny how we group our memories around major events in our lives. For example, "before Lance died" or "after Owen was born" or "before I got sober"..


Now it will be, "before my Breast Cancer". 
Today is Friday November 16, 2012. The first day after my diagnosis, and I am super scared. I feel like the victim of a home invasion..drawers thrown on the floor, broken glass, missing valuables..completely violated. My safe place does not feel safe anymore. That is the best way to describe my thoughts at this time. We are still trying to wrap our little brains around the news. I find that  I cannot concentrate or stay focused. Christian is super strong and brave.

I know Sherbert punch is a silly name for a blog, so let me explain. This morning while feeling sorry for myself, I started listing off the great things about my life (counting my blessings). Jesus, Family, friends, job, house, car, sense of humor, and sherbert punch. It is really hard to enjoy a good pity party when there are so many things to be thankful for.

I appreciate all the people God has placed around me that are praying and crying with me. I am so very grateful.

Today I go for an MRI and genetic testing. I get to meet with the Breast Cancer navigator. I am compiling information and advice so that I can make some tough surgical decisions. 

Please keep me in your prayers and hug your people tight.
 

2 comments:

  1. your prayer warriors are assembled and we are going to kick cancer's butt!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Sarah! Christian and you have overcome so much with the Lord's power and I believe firmly that this cancer will not be any different. We are praying for you! I love you, my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete